As if this sacred earth needs any more stress, those rulers of ours are now planning to transfer the financial burden of 640 million acres of federal land back to the states, almost ensuring their sale to the highest bidder. NATURAL RESOURCES, BABY!
Meatscape by Nicolas Lampert
‘Party In The Back’ is Tino Razo’s new photo book documenting his time spent in Los Angeles continuously skating in search of the next empty pool.
We are pleased to present our 228th installment of Sound Advice, featuring music selections by Wane One. Born in London and raised in New York, WANE COD is a legend in the graffiti and hip-hop worlds. This month, his artwork is featured in a new show, “EN MASS” at the Diana Felber Gallery in the Berkshires. Check out if you’re up north.
Sound Advice 228
01. Buddy by De La Soul ft. Jungle Brothers + Q-Tip
02. The Other Side Of Town by Masta Ace
03. Jackin’ For Beats by Ice Cube
04. Fugitive by K-Solo
05. Wrath Of My Madness by Queen Latifah
06. Ya Bad Chubbs by Chubb Rock with Howie Tee
07. Straighten It Out by Pete Rock & CL Smooth
08. Mic’ Check by Das EFX
09. Life In The Ghetto by Cool C
10. Return Of The Funky Man by Lord Finesse
11. Love’s Gonna Get’cha (Material Love) by Boogie Down Productions
12. Think About It by Special Ed
13. Act Like You Know by MC Lyte
14. Push It by Salt-N-Pepa
15. Scenario by A Tribe Called Quest
16. Do The James by Super Lover Cee & Casanova Rud
17. Young, Gifted and Black by Big Daddy Kane
18. Can’t Truss It by Public Enemy
19. Truly Yours by Kool G Rap & DJ Polo
20. Mahogany by Eric B. & Rakim
A look at people and the outfits they wear to art openings in New York City.
Photographs by Christos Katsiaouni
Location: Outsider Art Fair’s 25th Anniversary Edition
+ Marlborough Chelsea (01/19/2017)