A look at people and the outfits they wear to art openings in New York City.
Photographs by Christos Katsiaouni
Location: José Parlá “Segemented Realities” at The Standard, High Line (07/30/2015)
From 11:57 pm to midnight each night this August, Times Square’s famed billboards are being taken over with ‘Parallel Connection,’ a high-profile installation featuring new animations by OSGEMEOS.
Hopefully deeper than this poor sap who installed Windows 10 before he went to sleep, and woke up to his wife looking at all his porn pics as they flashed across his desktop on the default screensaver. Some words of advice from the collector: “Don’t make my mistake, keep your private pictures out of My Pictures, no matter how deep you hide them in sub folders.”
Robbie “Maddo” Maddison shreds Tahitian waves on his dirt bike for “Pipe Dream.”
We are pleased to present our 218th installment of Sound Advice featuring music selections by Luke Pelletier. Luke is a Los Angeles-based artist whose new solo exhibition “Tourist Seizin’” opens up at New Image Art Gallery this Saturday, August 8th.
Sound Advice 218
01. F.A.G. by Goons of Doom
02. Fire Going by Seers
03. It Could Be You (Instead of Him) by Johnny Cash
04. Girls by Beastie Boys
05. Last Time by Paul Baribeau
06. Streets of Bakersfield by Buck Owens
07. Beer Can Beach by Surf Punks
08. Weigh On My Mind by Transplants
09. Funny You Should Ask by The Front Bottoms
10. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover by Paul Simon
11. Sister by Kate Nash
12. We Didn’t Come Here To Rock by Andrew Jackson Jihad
13. 25! by Bomb the Music Industry!
14. Deer For My Horses by Toby Keith (ft. Willie Nelson)
15. Scotty Doesn’t Know by Lustra
16. Gone by Kanye West (ft. Cam’ron & Consequence)
17. With My Looks and Your Brains by The Mr. T Experience
18. Aren’t All Songs Political? Aren’t All Songs Vaguely Self Referential?
by The Max Levine Ensemble
19. 13 Stitches (Acoustic) by NOFX
20. That’s Life by Frank Sinatra
Collected by Dave Schubert while digging through dead people’s stuff at garage sales, estate sales, and flea markets.
Notable deaths from the month of July
“Dressers”, a short film by Will Robson-Scott profiling one of the key members of the Cardiff Soul Crew.