Tara Donovan‘s artwork builds on “repetitive accumulations of everyday objects.” If you live in San Diego, you need to make it down to Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, for her first ever museum survey. It runs through January, so you have a little time.
Dates: 10 Oct 09 – 16 Jan 10
Categories: Contemporary (1970-present)
Address: 1001 Kettner at Broadway San Diego 92101
Tel: +1 619 234 1001 Website
Photographer Mario Tama shoots NYC from above—ranging from cool overhead shots to some insane plane flyovers like the one above. When you can see the seams and rivets from underneath as you’re speeding on the LIE, you know they are damn low.
We told you about Thom Yorke’s new supergroup last week, and if you were fortunate enough to be in LA this weekend (and had the cash) to see the shows, lucky you. For those of us who were not privy to the excitement, NME has a play-by-play and setlist up from the first night. After the jump, we have put together a bunch of bootleg videos of the performance.
We are pleased to present our 20th installment of Sound Advice featuring Ben Watts. Ben is a New York-based photographer who was born in London, and raised in Australia.
Sound Advice 20
01. Summertime by Zombies
02. Stop Me by The Smiths
03. Ba Ba Boom by The Jamacians
04. Running Away by Roy Ayers
05. Rock Steady by Aretha Franklin
06. All Night Long by Mary Jane Girls
07. Juicy by Notorious B.I.G
08. Walking into Sunshine by Central Line
09. Turtle Pizza Cadillac by Parallel Dance Ensemble
10. Paris (Aeroplane Mix) by Friendly Fires
11. Golden Cage by The Whitest Boy Alive
12. Vanished by Crystal Castles
13. Shove It by Santogold
14. Trench Town Rock by Bob Marley
15. Pass the Dutchie by Musical Youth
16. Dirty Harry by Gorillaz
17. Mirror in the Bathroom by The English Beat
18. Jive Talking by Bee Gees
19. Candy Rain by Soul for Real
20. Kingston Town by Lord Creator
Tomorrow, exciting things will be happening in Chelsea.
THE DROP: URBAN ART INFILL is proud to present a day-long festival of public interactive art, music, and fashion projects in Chelsea on 25th Street between 10th & 11th avenues happening Saturday, Oct. 3, 2009 in New York City.
The World's Best Ever: Design, Fashion, Art, Music, Photography, Lifestyle, Entertainment 2015 | the worlds best ever. all rights reserved. powered by word press. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.