We are pleased to present our 115th installment of Sound Advice featuring Kalup Linzy. Kalup is a multi-disciplianary artist living and working in New York, and most currently part of 30 Americans at the Corcoran Gallery of Art, in Washington D.C.. On October 14th you should go see Kalup perform at the Saatchi Gallery in London.
Sound Advice 115
01. If I Had A Little Love by The Majestic Arrows
02. Chest Full of Tears by Kalup Linzy
03. Didn’t I by Darondo
04. You and Me by Penny & The Quarters
05. What Two Can Easily Do by Mary Wells
06. Love On Top by Beyonce
07. MIsleading Heart by Kalup Linzy
08. Those Dogs by En Vogue
09. MaMa by Annette Poindexter
10. Come See About Me by The Supremes
11. Jimmy Mack by Martha Reeves and The Vandellas
12. I Hear A Symphony by Michael Jackson
13. Love Is by R Kelly and K Michelle
14. Like I Never Left by Whitney Houston
15. I Found My Smile Again by D’Angelo
16. Rising (Cardopusher Remix) by Kalup Linzy and James Franco
17. Schoolin’ Life by Beyonce
A new limited edition print from Dan Colen for The Details Guild.
Size: 24″ x 36″
Printing/Paper: Silkscreened #80 Mohawk Navajo
Hand-signed and numbered by the artist
Available through the Whitney
Tonight (10/7) there is a launch party at White Columns for Rita Ackerman’s new book published by Skira Rizzoli chronicling her entire art career. Here, we take a look through some of the 224 pages.
If you like it, you can order the book here
Directed and edited by Jason Goldwatch
Quirky’s Ray. A solar powered charger for all your usb-equipped electronics that need charging.
Seonna Hong is a Los Angeles-based artist and animation art director. In 2004, she received an Emmy for her work on My Life as a Teenage Robot, and she continues to keep her plate full with national and international gallery shows. For this installment of “Artist Eats,” we asked Seonna to share her favorite places to eat.
“Wow, I love food so it’s hard to narrow it down,” Seonna says. “Here’s two.”
Images from the opening of Curtis Kulig and Skullphone’s new show Scripture. On view at Mallick Williams until November 8th.
photos by Christos Katsiaouni