For the third installment of our “Artist Eats” series, we asked Estevan Oriol to share his favorite place to eat. Estevan is a world-renowned photographer and filmmaker, whose gritty black-and-white images are instantly recognizable and uniquely Angeleno. His show, Like Father, Like Son, with fellow photographer and father Eriberto Oriol, opens at Carmichael Gallery on Saturday, October 1.
Continue reading for his delicious answer.
We are pleased to present our 114th installment of Sound Advice featuring Jared Flint. Based in New York City, Jared is the Style Editor for Park & Bond. His interests include Charlemagne and the true identity of Thomas Pynchon.
Sound Advice 114
01. Let Her Rest by Fucked Up
02. Dystopia (The Earth is on Fire) by YACHT
03. Rollin’ Wit You by Ol’ Dirty Bastard
04. Meeting In The Aisle by Radiohead
05. Moving Further Away by The Horrors
06. What’s Your Damage? (Braxe/Falke remix) by Test Icicles
07. Return of the “G” by Outkast
08. Proud Evolution by Liars
09. Wait & See (Kris Menace Remix) by Holy Ghost!
10. How Deep Is Your Love by The Rapture
11. The Pistol by Dead Prez
12. Never Let Me Down Again by Depeche Mode
13. Battle by Blur
14. Me And The Devil by Gil Scott-Heron
15. Motivation by Lil B
16. Roasted by Curren$y
17. It Ain’t Hard to Tell by Nas
18. Human Cannonball by Butthole Surfers
19. Abducted by Cults
20. Dear God by XTC
21. Rill Rill by Sleigh Bells
I would like to make a quilt
as heavy as those vests you have to wear
when they take your x ray at the dentist
only full of small flowers instead of lead
like a lavender potpourri,
but big enough to cover my entire bed
and me as well.
No reason for this.
No marketing plan.
Just think it would feel nice.
Like being hugged
by a giant friend.
We are happy to introduce a new, recurring slideshow feature on the site from the talented photographer Jonathan Leder.
Marlo Lavonne on her 1972 Honda CB750.
Photographed by Jonathan Leder in Woodstock NY
Magazine, Shot by Both Sides
Three Six Mafia, Sippin’ On Some Syrup, 2000
After selling out the first edition of collapsible cozie sets by Steve Powers, we’re proud to announce the release of a second foam edition. Unlike the first, you are able to purchase these cozies individually through our store. Plus, as an added benefit for those living in the NYC area, the cozies can be purchased exclusively through The Hole’s bookstore on the Bowery.