This American Life producers Ira Glass, Julie Snyder and Lisa Pollak guest-edited a great section in the NY Times Sunday Magazine.
I suggest reading the piece on Mike Destefano here first, because I knew the guy and the story is very touching.
Illustration by Melinda Josie
Sometimes this gig is really tough…
We are pleased to present our 124th installment of Sound Advice featuring Karen Day. Karen is a Brooklyn-based music and photo enthusiast, and an editor at Cool Hunting.
Sound Advice 124
01. Good Day Today by David Lynch
02. Balance by Future Islands
03. Backwell by BEAK>
04. Stay by Priestbird
05. What Is And What Should Never by Led Zeppelin
06. Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye
07. A Crowded Hour by Superhumanoids
08. Neu Chicago by Clive Tanaka y su orquesta
09. Let It Go (ft. Missy Elliott & Lil’ Kim) by Keyshia Cole
10. It’s Not My Fault (It’s My Fault) by Discovery
11. Falling Out by Body Language
12. Someone To Love Me by Diddy-Dirty Money
13. Powa by Tune-Yards
14. The Only Living Boy in New York by Simon & Garfunkel
The Christmas All Stars (Run DMC, Mase, Diddy, Snoop Dogg, Salt N Pepa, Onyx, & Keith Murray), Santa Baby, 1997
For this installment of “Artist Eats,” we asked Richard Colman to share his favorite place to eat. Rich is a San Francisco-based artist whose intricate, wildly creative paintings often feature decapitations and regurgitated rainbows.
Continue reading for his answer.