via, ignored prayers
via, ignored prayers
No but there is a phobia, called Samhainophobia. …”Your fear of Halloween can result in the following symptoms: breathlessness, excessive sweating, nausea, dry mouth, feeling sick, shaking, heart palpitations, inability to speak or think clearly, a fear of dying, becoming mad or losing control, a sensation of detachment from reality or a full blown anxiety attack”
Who knew of such a thing, for the full breakdown, go here. This site has TWBE URL, http://www.phobia-fear-release.com
We are pleased to present our 24th installment of Sound Advice featuring Hallie. Hallie is my sister, and since she had a heavy influence on my music when I was a juvy (she introduced me to Ice T) I felt it necessary to give her the Sound Advice I was supposed to do. Enjoy.
Sound Advice 24
01. Heart it Races (DJ Rupture remix) by Architecture in Helsinki
02. Pray for Grace by Michael Franti
03. Bag of Hammers by Thao and the Get Down Stay Down
04. Egyptian Reggae by The Modern Lovers
05. African Sunset by Zap Mama
06. I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend to Dance by Black Kids
07. The Love You Save by Jackson 5
08. Sky is Falling by Blackalicious
09. Up the Ladder to the Roof by The Supremes
10. Sweet Darlin’ by She & Him
11. I Confess by The English Beat
12. Alone Again Or by Love
13. Knotty Pine by Dirty Projectors + David Byrne
14. For No One by The Beatles
15. Lover by Devendra Banhart
16. No Sugar Tonight / New Mother Nature by The Guess Who
17. Love Me or Leave Me by Nina Simone
18. Vicious by Lou Reed
19. Furr by Blitzen Trapper
20. Queen Bee by Neil Halstead
21. Lived in Bars by Cat Power
22. Straight to Hell by Lily Allen
23. A Postcard to Nina by Jens Lekman
24. Les Champs Elysees by Joe Dassin
25. Hang On to Your Ego by The Beach Boys
26. Burning of the Midnight Lamp by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
27. The Man Who Danced Too Soon by Baka Beyond
28. Saturn by Stevie Wonder
Bad Brains, I against I
In this feature, two of our favorite people, Neil Anblomi and Anita Goodman, ask each other important questions
This week, Anita asks Neil…
Anita: Halloween is upon us again and I am running all over damn town trying to get my shit ready and piece together a costume that is both humorous and appealing to the opposite sex – why is it so hard to not look like either a total goofball or a complete slut on halloween? Anyway. A couple of years ago, I broke up with a long(ish) term boyfriend on Halloween, partly because he refused to wear a costume that matched mine (I was a french maid, and wanted him to be a butler) – what do you think is the importance of wearing matching costumes when you’re in a relationship? Is it totally obnoxious or a necessary evil? If you had a sig. o, what would you dress up as this year?
Trick Daddy ft. Trina, Nann Nigga, 1998
This is one of those epic shows that you’ll feel stupid for missing. Opening Halloween night.
IN THE SERVICE OF THE HYPOTHETICAL
October 31, 2009 – January 23, 2010
Check out the “Islington punk squatter documentary ’83”, the narration is awesome!
Rich had a birthday September 30th, my birthday October 9th. Rich is to cheap to buy me a present because he is a broke loser. On his birthday I bought him a brand new duel cassette player, Sony Discman, gift certificates to Chipotle. And what the hell did I get? A large chunk of ten day leftover birthday cake. Thanks Asshole. How funny will it be next year when you get leftover birthday cake that’s 350 days old and I ain’t freezing it.
In the spirit of the World Series, the New York Public Library has put together a great selection of photographs of New York and Philadelphia’s baseball teams from the late 19th and early 20th century. If only baseball players of today had to wear the uniforms of yore. Ha! Collars for all. See the entire set here
The Japanese are always one step ahead. A Japanese developer has recreated a church from England on the 21st and 22nd stories of a tower in Osaka, Japan. Apparently it’s pretty popular for Japanese couples to get married in English Style Churches,
This’ll be a good movie, opening this weekend.
Now taking orders, House Industries Neutra Boomerang Chair comes in maple or walnut with black or natural webbing. Available here
Jeron Wilson in Goldfish