The Cult, Rain
I know I have been called out over the plaid thing. But, this is a really cool jacket.
Black Sheep, The Choice is Yours, 1991
Not sure how mobile these things are..but the idea is so simple, and smart.
more at the Book of Joe
via, Peggy Wang
The new photoshop app for the iPhone is really basic but, if you wanted to get advanced wouldn’t you just use a computer?
Apparently Brooklyn Cops call Hipsters ‘Marshmallows’ because they’re ‘”White and Soft.” This is the first good thing to come out of the NYPD in a while…
photo by Mademoiselle Yulia
Weird. No doubt about that.
That’s what this website is all about
I am not sure where this translated talk show I stumbled across is from? The topic for the day is “how to beat your wife.” It’s pretty f’d up.
The best Twitter we’ve seen for a moment.
From Steve’s Roommate:
“This is a twitter page where I secretly tweet about what my roommate Steve is doing at all times.”
via, Sound Off
Blu’s timelapse of his mural on Deitch Studios
Slide off into Monday with Adriana Lima
From the minds of a Subject, a Big Animal a Champion and someone Sinister comes a “sketchbook, archive and dialogue” of drawn and digitized typographic endeavors. Friends of Type is validation of sorts for those who spent their afternoons scrawling on walls, desks, skateboards and notebooks in study hall some 18 years ago. Displayed in a brilliantly large format with in-jokes and pop cultural references abound (dumpling trucks, New Order lyrics and of course, Kate Moss) it’s instantly become an essential daily destination.
We are pleased to present our 21st installment of Sound Advice featuring NEKST. NEKST has been writing his name on every major city in America for the last 12 years.
Sound Advice 21
01. Lights Out by The Angry Samoans
02. Throwaway Style (Alternate Remix) by The Exploding Hearts
03. This Year by The Mountain Goats
04. It’s OK by Dead Moon
05. Free Money by Patti Smith
06. Fernando Pando by The Virgins
07. I Shatter by Magnetic Fields
08. For Want Of by Rites of Spring
09. Violet by Hole
10. Night of the Vampire by Roky Erikson
11. Longhaired Redneck by David Allan Coe
12. Boy With the Thorn in His Side by Dinosaur Jr.
13. Can This Be by The Wipers
14. Hey World by A.R.E. Weapons
15. Smokin’ Chewy and Rapping by Andre Nickatina
16. Serious by AZ (ft. Nas)
17. Unknown Number by Busy Signal
18. Rest in Piss by Brotha Lynch Hung
19. Banned From TV by Big Pun (ft. Noreaga, Nature, Cam’ron & Jadakiss)
20. Pimp tha Pen by DJ Screw
21. Get Away by Mobb Deep
22. Put It On by Big L
23. How Ya Do Dat Dere by Master P
24. Diamonds & Wood by UGK
25. Bitch I Might Be by Gucci Mane
26. Gasta Get Paid by Street Military
27. Tried By 12 by East Flatbush Project
28. Respect My Mind by Z-Ro