Not as much funny as clever, and humorous.
LA came to NYC. Photographs by Kristy Leibowitz
In light of Lana Del Rey being far less than impressive on SNL (after the jump), I’m thinking that maybe we need not let the internet rush people into the spotlight? Stay firm old school gatekeepers, stay firm.
From PBS Arts:
“As the 90s came to a close, the business of music began to change profoundly. New technology allowed artists to record and produce their own music and music videos, and the internet became a free-for-all distribution platform for musicians to promote themselves to audiences across the world. The result was an influx of artists onto the cultural scene, and audiences were left wondering how to sort through them all. In this episode we discuss these massive changes, and reveal how music blogs and websites have arisen as the new arbiters of quality.”
F* your open office plan. Susan Cain on The Rise of the New Groupthink.
nice illustration by Andy Rementer for the NY Times
With computer software, almost everything is possible.
He had at least 17 of them in his lifetime, and here are their stories. Mark this under “things I would have never known or thought about without the internet.”
We’ll be back on Tuesday.
We went to the North America International Auto Show in Detroit
The trailer for Wes Anderson’s new movie Moonrise Kingdom came out
Hennessy Youngman dropped more art Thoughtz
The Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s FBI file went public
We are pleased to present our 127th installment of Sound Advice featuring Ewen Spencer. Ewen is a British photographer who has a new book out featuring photographs he took with the White Stripes early in their career, called Three’s A Crowd.
Sound Advice 127
01. Hercules by Aaron Neville
02. Walk on Gilded Splinters by Dr John
03. Old Friend Blues by The Kingsbury Manx
04. New Partner by Palace
05. If Could Only Be Sure by Nolan Porter
06. Lonely For You Baby by Sam Dees
07. I Was Born to Love You by Timeless Legend
08. The Hardest Part by Curtis Anderson
09. Move Me No Mountain by Dionne Warwick
10. It’s Alright with Me by Patti Labelle
11. That Time by Regina Spektor
12. Lights Out by Santigold
13. It;s All Over Now Baby Blue by The Byrds
14. In the City by The Who
15. Anenome by The Brian Jonestown Massacre