According to India Times, a Russian Professor has evolved a technique that turns alcohol into powder, thereby allowing it to be packed into in pills. This is a really good/bad idea.
“Dry vodka can be wrapped in paper and carried around in a pocket or a bag. Vodka in form of a pill would come in handy at parties when “consumers” would be able to calculate their exact required dosage.”
NY Mag breaks down NY’s 50 tastiest soups. It’s ramen season again for me.
It’s always nice reading and hearing the Artists names but, sometimes you just want to know what their Art looks like.
For more information on the Whitney Biennial, their site is a good place to look.
I’m totally into what SpY, the Madrid-based urban interventionist is doing.
See it big at ekosystem
Sugru looks amazing, I want some. Learn about it in the video after the jump
Being topless helps clear the vision
December 12th—January 9th, 2009
Opening Reception: Saturday, December 12th, 7pm—9pm
Jonathan Levine Gallery
One of the highlights in Miami during this recent abundant art week was the amount of public projects happening in the Wynwood district. Primary Flight returned to the streets with tenacity, and Deitch Projects held a majestically put-together Wynwood Walls. All of these happenings in turn, spurred residents—buzzed off the energy of Graffiti—to hand their own walls over, fully absorbed and enjoying Miami life.
Photos by Justin Van Hoy, Revok, Known Gallery, Roger Gastman, Kathy Grayson & Jeremiah Garcia
We are pleased to present our 30th installment of Sound Advice featuring Pablo Aravena. Pablo is a Montreal-based filmmaker and curator.
Sound Advice 30
01. The Further Adventures of Futura 2000 by The Clash
02. Plastico (Bugs in the Attic Remix) by Willie Colon & Ruben Blades
03. San Sebastian Strut by The Quantic Soul Orchestra
04. Patrona De Los Reclusos by The Latin Brothers
05. Tenha Fe Pois Amanha Um Lindo Dia Vai Nascer by Os Originais Do Samba
06. Golpe de Calinda by Afronaught + Broki
07. Atmosphrique by Metro Area
08. Step Up (Produced by Moonstarr) by Sarah Linares
09. Just Ain’t Gonna Work Out by Mayer Hawthorne and the County
10. Head by Prince
11. Gonna Break It Down by Moonstarr
12. 4 Ruff & Tough by TettoryBad (ft. RANDOLPH)
13. Nana by Mario Castro Neves
14. Yo Traigo boogaloo by Alfredito Linares
15. Las Calenas Son Como Los Flores by The Latin Brothers
16. Improvisando by Fruko & Sus Tesos
17. Samba De Amigo
18. Public Enemy No. 1 by Public Enemy
19. Africa Brasil Zumbi by Jorge Ben
20. Leroy by Georgia Anne Muldrow
21. Life by Pepe Braddock
22. Your Shit by Rednose Distrikt (ft. Benny Sings & Die Bend)
23. l.o.v.e. and you and i by Jazzanova (madlib)
24. Quem Cochicha o Rabo Espicha by Jorge Ben
25. 4,5,6 by Kool G Rap
26. Vampire by Devon Irons
27. Something On My Mind by Horace Andy
28. Roses by Mos Def (ft. Georgia Anne Muldrow)
29. Ponta de Lanca Africano by Jorge Ben
30. Get the Bozack by EPMD
31. Little Bird by Jazzanova (ft. Jose James)
32. Untitled Mix II by Black Spade (ft. Coultrain)
33. No Room For Squares by Hank Mobley
Washington’s City Paper reports:
“Early last October, Jeff Nelson—co-founder of Dischord Records and drummer for Minor Threat, the mother of all hardcore bands—placed an autographed test pressing of his old band’s 1983 EP, Out of Step, up for sale on eBay. It was part of a long-term effort to whittle his punk rock archives, which Nelson describes as both “way too big” and “insane.””
Our friends down in Philadelphia at Space 1026 are holding their Annual Art Auction tonight. Great pieces and great people, if your near Philly head over there tonight and pump some money into the Auction which goes to keep the lights on and the Artists shining. OPENING BIDS ARE $5!!!!
More info here
Tauba Auerbach’s One Deck Of Cards produced by DZEK.
A series of playing card designs designed by Tauba Auerbach, released in two iterations, Shapes and
Functions. Each deck is produced in a hand numbered edition of 250
Designed by: Tauba Auerbach
Produced by: DZEK, New York
Edition: 250 for each deck + 10 Artist Proofs
Cards: Graphite center card stock with plastic coat
Case: linen, cardboard, blind deboss, grosgrain ribbon
Dimensions: 2.75 x 3.75 x 1 in