We are pleased to present our 220th installment of Sound Advice featuring music selections by Matt Leines. Based in Brooklyn, Matt is a painter, drawer, thinker, sleeper, and Pro-wrestling enthusiast.
Sound Advice 220
01. Harnessed In Slums by Archers of Loaf
02. Grab It by Dinosaur Jr.
03. Mine Mine Mind by Roky Erickson & The Aliens
04. Soldier of Fortune by Thin Lizzy
05. Facial Disobedience by Radon
06. Mystery by The Wipers
07. Who Do You Love? by Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
08. Ghosts by The Jam
09. Domino by Van Morrison
10. So It Goes by Nick Lowe
11. The Underdog by Spoon
12. Rockin’ Rockin’ Leprechauns by Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
13. Rip It Up (Live) by Little Richard
14. Happy by Rolling Stones
15. Game of Pricks (7″ Version) by Guided By Voices
16. Your Control by Crooked Fingers
17. 100,000 Fireflies by Superchunk
18. Long As I Can See the Light by Creedence Clearwater Revival
19. Fox on the Run by The Sweet
20. The Village Green Preservation Society by The Kinks
21. Another Girl, Another Planet by The Only Ones
22. I Could Be Dreaming by Belle & Sebastian
23. I’m Just Beginning to Live by Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
Download Sound Advice 220 Now!
Do Or Die ft. Twista and Johnny P, Po Pimpin’, 1996
For our series, “Flash Us,” we ask some of our favorite tattoo artists to create a design based on a classic theme—naked ladies. Last week, Spider Death sent us a design, and this week Bryce Oprandi sent us the above. Bryce tattoos out of Martlet Tattoo Parlor in L.A., and you can follow him here.
Gabriele Galimberti’s portrait series Delicatessen with love shows off Grandmas from around the globe and their signature dishes. Yum.
When We Held Kings by Eric Raskin
The oral history of the 2003 World Series of Poker, in which an amateur named Moneymaker turned $39 into $2.5 million and the poker boom was born
The Terror Of “Twin Peaks”: His Name Is BOB by Matthew J.X. Malady
A woven blanket / tapestry edition by Peter Sutherland, available through Exhibition A.