Rigsketball, a 3-on-3 DIY Portland band basketball tournament.
Known as the “Flamingo” in Japan, the Sony PS-F9 was a battery operated direct drive turntable that featured linear tracking. Including two headphone outlets, the PS-F9 went on sale in 1982 and was the closest Sony ever got to making a “Walkman” for records.
Here’s the video for Meyhem Lauren & Buckwild’s “Silk Shirts and Yellow Gold”
Blackstar (ft. Common), Respiration, 1998
New music for your desktop speakers
by Matthijs Vlot
Method Man (ft. Blue Raspberry), Release Yo’ Delf, 1994
Music video director Isaac Rentz looks back at the top videos of his youth with a trained eye and matching wit.
Weirdly Popular by Sasha Frere-Jones
The enduring appeal of “Weird Al” Yankovic.
We are pleased to present our 206th installment of Sound Advice featuring music selections from Boo-Hooray. Boo-Hooray is a cultural organization and gallery space founded and curated by Johan Kugelberg. Boo-Hooray’s most recent project, DIY OR DIE! HANDMADE ZINES, RECORD COVERS AND POSTERS FROM PUNK TO REGGAE, is on view at Milk Gallery through August 10th, 2014
Sound Advice 206
01. Never Been In A Riot by The Mekons
02. Sick On You by The Zits
03. Panik by Metal Urbain
04. At The Weekend by Fred Cass And His Fabulous Cassettes
05. I Gave My Punk Jacket to Ritchie by Mary Monday
06. Man Tit by Dunlap
07. Don’t Deceive Me by 25c*
08. Little Cities by The 2×4’s
09. I Like Boys by The Snifters
10. I Want to Kill Russians by Carl Gustav & The 84′s
11. Dead in the Suburbs by Los Reactors
12. Metal Boys by Hobbies Of Today
13. Cibernetic War / Televoid by Ground Zero
14. The Red Pullover by The Gynaecologists
15. Neckspots by Games To Avoid
16. In the Quiet of Our Room by Ada Wilson
17. What Is The Cure? by The What
18. Man-Made World by Take It
19. I Don’t Want To Work For British Airways by Scissor Fits
20. T.V. Freak / Disco Junkies by The Victims
Download Sound Advice 206 Now!
Channel Live, Mad Izm, 1994
Fat Joe, Flow Joe, 1993
Eclectic Method creates the video equivalent of electroshock therapy.
New and recent music for your desktop speakers
Antoinette, Who’s the Boss, 1989
Das EFX, Jussumen (Live at Summer Jam ’92), 1992
We are pleased to present our 205th installment of Sound Advice featuring music selections from Daniel Albrigo. Daniel is an artist based in NYC who also tattoos at Three Kings Tattoo in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Sound Advice 205
01. The Clearing (outro) by CRNKN
02. Boys in Blue by Slim Thug
03. IDGAF by Ludacris
04. Smokin’ Rollin’ by Juicy J
05. Some Type of Way by Rich Homie Quan
06. Sweat by Ciara (ft. 2Chainz)
07. Herschel Walker (Kazey VIP Edit) by JD Boyz
08. China Town by Migos
09. No Flex Zone (Nicki Minaj Remix) by Rae Sremmurd
10. Let it Go by A$AP Ferg
11. FDB by Young Dro
12. All Me by Drake (ft. 2Chainz)
13. U.O.E.N.O (CRNKN Remix) by Rocko
14. Venice Venture by Big Wild
15. Wut (5kin&Bone5) by Le1f
16. Beat It Up by Bro Safari, UFO! & Jesse Slayter
17. Fumar Marley by MUYLOCOSINMIEDO (ft. RiffRaff)
Download Sound Advice 205 Now!