Patti Smith extols on the virtues of ‘fuckin’ shit.’
Rich Jacobs creates his Top 52 Iconic Hardcore Punk Logos.
The guy behind 3D Glasses also wrote ‘Puff The Magic Dragon.’
Oh man. Prince Rogers Nelson, 5’2″ of musical genius, has passed away in Paisely Park at the age of 57.
Big Bud and Lil Bud come with it.
Unable to listen to “The Life of Pablo” in Japan, TOYOMU sourced samples from the tidal exclusive and turned it into a Tsunami.
We are pleased to present our 225th installment of Sound Advice, featuring music selections by Tessa Perutz. Based out of Brooklyn, Tessa is an artist and the eye behind Massif Central, an evolving collection of artist-made silk scarves.
Sound Advice 225
01. Thin Line Between Love and Hate by The Pretenders
02. Don’t Throw It All Away by Barrington Levy
03. Legal Tender by B-52’s
04. Lust>Money? &/Or Art+Truth=Answer by Vertebrates
05. Hanging On the Telephone by The Nerves
06. Teach Me To Forget You by The Outsiders
07. We’ll Fall In Love by New Dawn
08. Dive Into Yesterday by Kaleidoscope
09. Dr. Jebediah Webb by Beauregard Ajax
10. South Texas by Cold Sun
11. Angel Dust by Gil Scott Heron & Brian Jackson
12. Yours Until Tomorrow by The Minstrels
13. Wild Horses by Prefab Sprout
14. This is the Day by The The
15. Ah Uh Mi Head by Shuggie Otis
16. Can’t Do a Thing (To Stop Me) by Chris Isaak
17. Adore by Prince
18. Anita by Prodigy of Mobb Deep
19. Straight Off da Head by Brand Nubian
20. Gimme Yours by AZ
Rosenberg comes through with a 2-hour Phife Tribute.
For the past month, I’ve been working on a hardcore punk project with A24 for their upcoming film, Green Room. As a result of this collaboration, a couple weeks ago I got to hang out with Keith Morris, and then subsequently listen to him talk with Tony Rettman for an hour. It’s a pretty great conversation that ranges from Black Flag and Circle Jerks stories to the art of his old friend Raymond Pettibon to Mott the Hoople. A band I had never heard of before. Listen above, and check out the accompanying site here.