Rosenberg comes through with a 2-hour Phife Tribute.
For the past month, I’ve been working on a hardcore punk project with A24 for their upcoming film, Green Room. As a result of this collaboration, a couple weeks ago I got to hang out with Keith Morris, and then subsequently listen to him talk with Tony Rettman for an hour. It’s a pretty great conversation that ranges from Black Flag and Circle Jerks stories to the art of his old friend Raymond Pettibon to Mott the Hoople. A band I had never heard of before. Listen above, and check out the accompanying site here.
We are pleased to present our 224th installment of Sound Advice, featuring music selections by Tony Rettman. Based in NYC, Tony is the author of NYHC: New York Hardcore 1980-1990, and the host of the new online radio show, Green Room Radio.
Sound Advice 224
01. Just To Get Away by Poison Idea
02. City Kids by Pink Fairies
03. Do It Again by Deaf Aids
04. Is Anybody There? by Home Blitz
05. Shotgun Solution by Angelic Upstarts
06. Dead In A Motel Room by Dicks
07. Dear Jesus by Born B.C.
08. Urban Guerilla by Hawkwind
09. Rapport De Force by Rixe
10. Crash The Clubs by Deaf Mutations
11. How Come? by CH3
12. Aggravation Place by Jook
13. Go Nowhere by Reagan Youth
14. Said & Done by Negative Approach
15. War Games by The Abused
16. Marching On by Violent Reaction
17. Rebels Rule by Iron Virgin
18. Final Solution by Pere Ubu
Henry Rollins, high on LSD.
Animal Collective’s forthcoming album Painting With is out February 19th.