Revok’s new show up at the Library Street Collective features installation and sculptural pieces made out of scavenged materials from the streets of Detroit. A+.
We recently made the best of an opportunity to test drive the new 2013 Ford Explorer Sport, and took the midsize SUV upstate to Storm King for the afternoon. Ford has a rich history of Arts funding, so we thought it a nice tie-in. We made it to the magnificent sculpture park and back safely and in style, bumping selections from our Sound Advice series on the way. Add in all of this with the bonus of not getting a single speeding ticket during the trip, and it made for a great day.
Adel Abdessemed’s 16-foot tall bronze sculpture “Coup de tête” is now on view in front of the Centre Pompidou in Paris.
A cool new sculpture editi0n from Leon Reid IV.
Cuz there is apparently a gigantic Humpty Hump head sitting out in a warehouse in Oakland, California… and it could be yours.
• dimensions are 12ft high by 16 ft wide at it’s base.
• splits into 3 pieces for smaller storage or transport.
• required an 18-wheel truck to transport and a 4-man fork lift team to move.
• full dressing room inside, w/electric elevator that lifts out thru nose.
• also has metal stairs inside and nose-door opens manually as well, in case of electric failure.
• sunglasses light up and scroll circular light patterns around the rims.
• the lips and chin double as steps to walk down to stage.
“whoever grabs it up, please stay in touch, and when we next need it again, i’ll reimburse your transport, storage & cleaning expenses up to the current date, to either buy it back or rent it out if it’s no longer for sale.” – shkg
No exact info on how to locate it though…