Every week Chris Black uses his superior internet reading abilities to provide you with a list of links to things you’re bound to find interesting
— Chris Black / @donetodeath
What an evolution.
By Steve Cutts
A look through some of our favorite Thursday moments from 2012.
A 1987 documentary narrated by Melvyn Bragg examining “the life of painter Jackson Pollock–from his childhood in Wyoming to his death in a car crash on Long Island in 1956.”
NY Times puts together a sound collage memoriam for some of the musicians who died in 2012.
A cast marble statue of Ai Weiwei on oak base by Elliott Arkin.
Santa and Mrs. Claus throw a great party.
The Father of Video Art (1932 – 2006) has a large show, Global Visionary, currently running at the Smithsonian in DC.
A celebration of some of the most beautiful girls on the planet.
NEKST, Rest in Peace
We’ll be back on Wednesday
This past week…
We are pleased to present our 162nd installment of Sound Advice featuring Ed Templeton. Ed is a professional skateboarder and artist living and working in Huntington Beach, California.
Sound Advice 162
01. Caress by Drive Like Jehu
02. Anti-Pope by The Damned
03. Astral Glamour by The Homosexuals
04. You Got It by Mudhoney
05. Boom by Wild Flag
06. The Words by Lungfish
07. Psychic Hearts by Thurston Moore
08. Furniture by Fugazi
09. Something I Learned Today by Hüsker Dü
10. Systematic Death by Crass
11. Here Should Be My Home by No Age
12. One Chord Wonders by The Adverts
13. Lexicon Devil by Germs
14. Over The Edge by Wipers
15. Fractured (Like Chandeliers) by Polvo
16. Big Sky by Yo La Tengo
17. Nudes by Rites of Spring
18. Macbeth by Ciccone Youth
19. On Parade by Electrelane
20. Rhythm Is The Key by The Skull Defekts
21. The Tongue by Ty Segall Band
22. Andy Warhol by Tree People
23. The Flight of the Sperm by Fluf
If this doesn’t break the website, it’ll be pretty cool to look through.