We are pleased to present our 125th installment of Sound Advice featuring Tim Strazza. Tim is a NY-based painter.
Sound Advice 125
01. My Red Hot Car by Squarepusher
02. Kid A by Radiohead
03. You and I by Washed Out feat. Caroline Polachek
04. Alvorada by Cartola
05. Pass Me By by DjStraz
06. Get Down by Cam’ron
07. Got To Give It Up by Marvin Gaye
08. Bosques Vía Temperley by Chancha Vía Circuito Ft. Kumbha Kethu
09. NY Is Killing Me by Gil Scott-Heron & Jamie XX
10. Excuse Me (Diplo Remix) by Gucci Mane
11. I Ain’t Heard Of That by Slim Thug
12. Throw Some D’s by Rich Boy
13. I Like It (I Wanna Be Where You Are) by Grand Puba
14. J Dilla (Track 37) by J Dilla
15. Running Away by Roy Ayers
16. Oh Honey by Delegation
17. Aht Uh Mi Hed by Shuggie Otis
18. Untitled (How Does It Feel) by D’angelo
19. Feel Like Makin’ Love by Roberta Flack
20. Didn’t I (Blow Your Mind This Time) by Delfonics
A night of drinking 99 Bananas is a great way to appreciate Jeff Koons. It’s pop. Start off easy, mixing it with RC Cola and laughing about the giant puppy he built out of flowers in Rockefeller Center and then, after you’ve moved on to 99 Bananas on the rocks, you can get a little more weird and discuss his life-size porcelain of Michael Jackson and Bubbles. Late night, when it’s 99 Bananas right out of the bottle, take some time alone for close examination of the photo-realistic paintings he made of his Italian porn star ex-wife. Before long you’ll be curled up with an inflatable lobster, snoring away and dreaming 99 Bananas dreams filled with giant reflective hearts.
99 Bananas tastes like melted yellow Popsicles mixed with turpentine. It’ll make you smile.
Not only does Ambika Friendly Furs make soft-looking women’s fashion, they also sell the source of the fur, Angora Rabbits. Bred and raised at the foot of the Catskill Mountains in New York, the rabbits can be house trained like cats.
Available at Canton Dockside in Baltimore, Maryland.
Photo by Kathy Grayson
The Onion: Year in Review
Few see as much art in the street as NY-based photographer Luna Park. Knowing this, we asked her to pick some of her favorites (with a couple of ours included) of 2011.
Hit up her flickr stream and check out the Street Spot for even more