We are pleased to present our 107th installment of Sound Advice featuring MADSTEEZ. MADSTEEZ aka Mark Paul Deren is a California-based artist.
Sound Advice 107
01. Goal/Wide by Javelin
02. Good Times by The Animals
03. Buggin’ Out by A Tribe Called Quest
04. Incense and Peppermints by Strawberry Alarm Clock
05. Wonder Why by Wale
06. 8 Bad Years by Jet Black Crayon
07. Dean’s Dream by The Dead Milkmen
08. Stepfather Factory by El-P
09. Sexual Fantasy Scale by Prefuse 73
10. Sleep the Clock Around (BBC Sessions) by Belle and Sebastian
11. Mastermind by Deltron
12. Runaway by Del Shannon
13. Looking Glass (Extended Version) by Woolfy
14. Above The Clouds by Gang Starr
15. Goth Star by Pictureplane
16. WEEN!MALS Theme Song by HeYR!K
17. High Noon by DJ Shadow
18. Do For Love (Vodka & Milk Remix) by Tupac
19. Margin Walker by Fugazi
20. California Dreamin’ by The Mamas & The Papas
21. Learning by Perfume Genius
22. It’s No Use by Martin Dupont
23. Mistadobalina by Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
24. I Gotcha Back / B.I.B.L.E. by GZA the Genius
As it turns out
when most people tell you they want to change things
what they really mean to say
is they want to change
the size and color
of the room
in which things take place.
Rob Johnson has turned the world’s money into one-of-a-kind pendants.
Grateful Dead, Touch of Grey
ink and pasted photocopies on duralene
12″ x 12.5″
Original Artwork for Rudy Johnson pro model / Blind
Da Bush Babees ft. Mos Def, The Love Song, 1996
Opening tonight (7/29) in LA at HVW8.
HVW8 art + design gallery
661 North Spaulding Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036
From Corey Adams & Alex Craig, one of the best shoe commercials ever.
Apparently these are really easy to make, and there’s something very satisfying about making your own munchies. So go for it.
Recipe and photo courtesy of A Cozy Kitchen where you can see visually how these crackers are put together (plus get more great recipes).
Netflix Relief Fund with Jason Alexander
With MoCA’s Art In The Streets entering its last full week, we take a look back through the making of the landmark exhibition courtesy of co-curator Roger Gastman. If you haven’t been visited, do so immediately, AITS closes on August 8th. If there is no way you’ll make it, have a look through our full coverage of the show here.
Craig Coulthard’s Forest Pitch project for London 2012 Cultural Olympiad is reminiscent in a way of Field of Dreams. The art project will feature a full size soccer field hidden within a commercial forest, utilizing felled trees to “create goalposts, a shelter and other infrastructure on site.” Once the two scheduled matches are finished, “the site will be left to grow back naturally, with some native species replanted to encourage a more diverse environment. The shelter will remain as a simple documentation space and observation point, to witness the gradual reclamation of the pitch by the natural world.”
ShoeZeum Guided Tour: 2,000 Pairs in 11 Minutes
Sometimes they’re just better to watch than FAILS.
Rodney Mullen Best Trick Compilation