What you should be making every weekend morning.
Spicy Chicken Breakfast Biscuit
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 heaping Tbsp sriracha
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 buttermilk biscuits
- Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack, for serving
- Honey, for serving
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness (~1/3-inch) and cut in half. (If you’re chicken breasts are very large, consider cutting them into thirds – whatever fits your biscuits best.)
- Stir milk and sriracha together in a shallow dish. It will look like strawberry milk but it won’t taste like strawberry milk.
- Whisk flour, salt, peppers, garlic and chile powders together in another shallow dish.
- Dip the milk in the chicken and then dredge in the seasoned flour. Repeat and place on a plate.
- Dredge the remaining three pieces of chicken breast. Place the chicken in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil (enough to come up 1/2 – 3/4 inch in your pan) over medium-high heat to 375. Fry chicken ~5-7 minutes on each side, until the internal temp reaches 165.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and let rest a few minutes.
- Serve on a split biscuit, topped with cheese and honey.