The Eye-Fi Pro X2 Wireless SDHC memory card gives your camera the ability to wirelessly transfer photos to either your computer or directly to photo sharing services like flickr or picasa, or even to social networks. Doesn’t matter if your camera doesn’t have the capability – the card has wireless built in. It’s also got built in geotagging of photo locations.
I was gifted an Eye-Fi card when they first came out about two years ago and was super impressed by the ease of setup and how little I needed to actually sit down at my computer, plug my camera in, and import photos. It worked almost too well, even uploading shots that I didn’t want to keep. At the time, the card was limited to JPG only – but Eye-Fi has done some major upgrades and come out with the new “Pro X2″ model.
8GB storage, supports RAW.
Wireless: Upload straight to social networks, or only to your computer, or both. When you upload to social networks, it even lets you hold off on publishing so that you can go in and approve photos before letting others see them. This took a moment to get used to the first time – I thought that every unedited or bad shot was going to get posted.
Automatic geotagging using wifi location services – while not perfect, it will at least triangulate your location based on known Wi-Fi networks and IP addresses.
“Eye-Fi Pro X2: the most powerful memory card ever.
Class 6 read & write speeds for high performance shooting. The power of 802.11n wireless uploads from your camera to your computer & favorite sharing site. And that’s just the beginning.
- Performance. Store up to 4,000 photos or 3h of video with 8GB SDHC capacity supercharged with class 6 read & write speeds. Ideal for high megapixel cameras.
- Wireless. Upload photos & videos from your camera through your Wi-Fi network with unprecedented wireless performance thanks to built-in 802.11n technology.
- Ad Hoc. Send photos & videos to your laptop anywhere your camera takes you
- RAW power. Wirelessly upload RAW photos to any folder on your computer to streamline your workflow.
- Endless memory. Always running out of space? With Endless Memory Mode, your Eye-Fi card will automatically free up space once your photos and videos have been safely delivered.
- HotSpot Access. Upload on-the-go through one of 10,000 HotSpots, including McDonald’s, airports, hotels and more. (1 year included, $14.99/year renewal option thereafter)
- Geotagging. Lifetime, automatic Geotagging service helps you organize and share photos. View, search and share your latest trips on a map.
- Automatic back-up. Wirelessly upload photos and videos to folders of your choice on your computer, or even directly into iPhoto for Macs.
- Compatible. No need to buy a new camera.
- Effortless sharing. Wirelessly send your JPEG photos and videos to a popular website. Including Flickr, Facebook, Picasa, MobileMe, YouTube and more.
- Pick your pics. You can select which photos and videos upload from your camera.
- Organized. Photos and videos can automatically be stored in date-based folders, so memories are organized effortlessly by date.
- Get notified Get email, Facebook, text message* or Twitter alerts when your photos are uploading online.
- Quick & sweet. Set up takes just minutes.*carrier charges may apply”